Cristina Cooks: "Taste Of Home" Cocoa-Crusted Beef Tenderloin & Carrot Puree
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Makes: 4 Servings
• 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 ½ in. thick and 6 oz. each)
• ½ tsp. salt • ½ tsp. coarsely ground pepper • 3 tbsp. baking cocoa • 3 tbsp. finely ground coffee
- Preheat the broiler.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, mix cocoa and coffee.
- Dip in steaks in cocoa mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess.
- Place steaks on a rack of a broiler pan. broil 3-4 inches from heat for 9-11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium rare, a a thermometer should read 145 degrees; for medium, 160 degrees, for well done, 170 degrees.
Carrot Puree Ingredients:
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 lbs. carrots, chopped • 2 shallots, chopped • 4 garlic cloves, minced • 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves • ½ tsp. salt • ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots and shallts; cook and stir 12-15 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 min. longer.
- Add water to cover carrots, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered 20-25 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Drain; cool slightly. Place carrot mixture, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until smooth.
This recipe is available in the February/March issue of "Taste of Home" available on newsstands now! For More Great "Taste of Home" Recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest for more great recipes and crafts!