- 6 pounds light-colored sweet potatoes , skins on
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups warm whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 (16-ounce) bag large marshmallows
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
Servings: Serves 12
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch slices and leave skin on.
- Add to a large stockpot and cover with water.
- Cover pot and bring to a gentle boil for 30 minutes—potatoes should be firm, not mushy.
- Peel potatoes while running cold water over them.
- Mash in a bowl with a ricer or masher.
- Put potatoes into a stand up mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Turn mixer on medium and add:
- • Cloves (½ tsp.)
- • Cinnamon (1 tsp.)
- • Nutmeg (1 tsp.)
- • Butter (4 Tbsp.)
- • Salt (2 tsp.)
- Pour in milk (2 cups) a little at a time -- Mix well.
- Spread potatoes evenly into coated 10" x 14" baking dish, leaving 2 inches for marshmallows.
- Add marshmallows on top in even rows.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking frequently, or until the marshmallows are golden brown.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at