Cristina Cooks Steak Tacos With Chimichurri Sauce and Mexican Street Corn Marinated Flank Steak
Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 (1 - 1½ pound) flank steak
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- Place steak in glass pan large enough to hold it flat.
- In a glass bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the soy sauce, cumin, coriander, chili oil, and lime juice. Add the garlic cloves and pour over the steak. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to grill, remove the steak from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry. Discard the marinade.
- Heat an indoor grill pan on high heat for 3 minutes, until hot.
- Brush the grill pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Add the beef and grill for 4 minutes on each side, then an additional 1 minute on each side.
- When done, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve in warm soft corn tortillas.
This sauce can be served with roasted, grilled or sautéed beef. It also goes well with grilled chicken or shrimp. It packs a lot of flavor into anything you put it on.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups packed Italian parsley leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a food processor (or mortar & pestle), combine the garlic and parsley and process until chopped into small pieces. Place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Mexican Street Corn
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons Cholula (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, leaves picked
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Prepare the corn by removing silk and pulling back the husk, but leaving attached.
- Season each ear with cayenne, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Grill corn, gently charring the kernels until corn is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise and hot sauce, season with salt and pepper if desired, set aside.
- Remove corn from grill.
- To plate: drizzle with spicy mayonnaise and top with crumbled cotija cheese, cilantro leaves, and garnish with lime wedges.
- Enjoy hot off the grill!
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.