Cristina Cooks: Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders
- 2 pounds ground meat (beef, bison, turkey)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole large onion, diced
- ½ cups whiskey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cups jarred jalapeño slices (more to taste)
- 12 whole slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- Form the meat into miniature patties, 2 lbs should yield 12 patties. Salt and pepper them on both sides.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties until just about done in the middle, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of grease, then return the skillet to the stove.
- Throw the diced onions in the skillet and stir to cook, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in whiskey (be careful if you're cooking over an open flame; turn it off momentarily to be extra careful) and stir.
- Allow the whiskey to reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in jalapeños and the barbecue sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and place the patties in the barbecue sauce, turning to coat.
- Allow the patties to simmer in the sauce until everything's hot and bubbly.
- Place the patties on individual buns and be sure to spoon extra sauce (with the jalapeños!) over the top of each one before topping with the other half of the bun.
BBQ Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled cut lengthwise into ½-inch slices
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat oil.
- Add sweet potatoes to oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Halfway through, add sage and rosemary with fries.
- Sprinkle with salt and cayenne pepper. Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com. Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.