- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cans (14-½ ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-½ ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots and onion in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in sweet potato; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in peanut butter and curry paste until blended. Add the broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes and carrots are tender. (Soup will appear curdled.) Discard bay leaf and thyme sprig. Stir soup until blended.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to
For more recipes by Lisa Meredith, go to her cooking journal