Cristina Cooks Southern Sweet Potato Pie
In a small bowl combine:
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ¼ cups sugar • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg • a dash of salt • mix together.
Then in a large bowl:
• beat 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes • 2 eggs • ¼ cup light corn syrup • ½ cup softened butter • 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- Next, gradually stir in ¾ cup evaporated milk.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- While that's baking I'm going to show you how to add a sweet bourbon whipped cream topping!
- Dissolve sugar or (1 tsp) agave in (1 tablespoon) bourbon in a stand up mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat cream (1 cup heavy) with bourbon/sugar mixture until medium peaks are achieved.
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 tsp brown sugar or agave
• 1 tablespoon bourbon For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.