Cristina Cooks Prime Rib with Crispy Garlic Roasted Potatoes
• 7-pound beef rib roast (3 bones)
• 2 tablespoons Kosher salt • Cracked black pepper • 2 tablespoons olive oil • Meat thermometer
- Rub salt over entire roast.
- Put roast in refrigerator, let sit for 24 hours (not covered).
- Remove roast from refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 200⁰F.
- Heat oil in heavy bottom or cast iron skillet.
- Sear sides & tops of roast until golden brown (8-10 minutes).
- Transfer roast, fat side up, to prepared wire rack. Place meat thermometer in meat at thickest part of roast.
- Season with cracked pepper.
- Place meat thermometer in thickest part of roast.
- Place roast in oven, roast until meat registers 110⁰F (approximately 3 to 4 hours).
- Turn off oven – let roast sit for an hour or until roast registers 120⁰F for rare / 125⁰F for medium-rare.
- Take roast out of oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil, let roast rest at least 30 minutes.
- Take off foil, put roast under broiler to brown the top (2-8 minutes).
- Transfer roast to carving board, slice into ¾ inch slices.
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
• 4 pounds large red potatoes, unpeeled, each cut into 8 wedges
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch • ¾ teaspoon garlic powder • ¾ teaspoon Salt • Cracked pepper • 6 tablespoons olive oil • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened • 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley • Zest of one lemon
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions, place 1 rimmed baking sheet on each rack, and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss potatoes with cornstarch, garlic powder, ¾ teaspoon salt, and cracked pepper to taste in large bowl. Remove preheated sheets from oven, drizzle 3 tablespoons oil over surface of each hot sheet. Use paper towel to spread oil all over baking sheet. Divide potatoes evenly between sheets, placing them cut side down in single layer. Roast until the edges are golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, mix butter, parsley, and lemon zest together in medium bowl. Remove baking sheets from oven and turn potatoes skin side down. Roast until potatoes are crispy and deep golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl. Add butter mixture and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.