Cristina Cooks Phyllo Cups With Greek Yogurt and Peaches
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (3¼ oz) package Phyllo dough
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 3 Medium, ripe peaches, pitted, skinned and cut into 3-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 12 small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
Phyllo Cups with Greek Yogurt, Fresh Peaches, and Honey
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Remove 6 sheets of Phyllo from package and cover with a damp kitchen towel until ready to use.
- Lay 1 sheet of Phyllo dough on a work surface, keeping the remaining sheets covered with the damp towel.
- Spray Phyllo sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut the sheet into five 6X6-inch squares.
- Place the squares inside muffin cup and press to fit the cup.
- Lay the other 5 squares on top, layering them in at different angles.
- The ends of the Phyllo dough will be taller than the cup and should overlap.
- Repeat for the 5 other cups.
- Bake the cups for 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Gently lift the cups out of the muffin tin.
- Fill each cup with Greek yogurt.
- Add ½ chopped peach.
- Sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chopped walnuts.
- Add 2 mint leaves torn into small pieces.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Add 1 teaspoon chopped caramelized bacon.
For the bacon:
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lay out strips of bacon on a rack that is placed on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked.
- Allow to cool before chopping.
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.