Cristina Cooks: Pancake Tuesday Recipes
Granny Mcgibbon’s German Pancakes:
Ingredients:• 3 Eggs • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour • 1 ½ cups milk • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter • Confectioner's Sugar as needed • 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place cast-iron skillet in the oven to preheat, meanwhile mix batter, whisk together eggs and milk until smooth.
- Place flour in a large bowl and whisk in wet ingredients until smooth.
- Remove pan from the oven once warmed melt butter, pour batter in and return to oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Sprinkle immediately with powdered sugar and serve hot with lemon wedges to squeeze over the top.
Nutella Pancakes:Ingredients: • 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour • 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder • 1 teaspoon salt • 1 tablespoon white sugar • 1 ¼ cups milk • 1 egg • 3 tablespoons butter, melted • 1 jar of Nutella
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Scoop out about half of your jar of nutella into a glass measuring cup. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds until the Nutella is warm and more liquid. (It needs to be easy to pour)
- Heat a non-stick (un-oiled) frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup for each pancake.
- As soon as you have your pancake batter on the griddle pour a little nutella into the center of the pancake (like a half dollar), then immediately pour some more pancake mixture on top so you can't see the Nutella. If the Nutella touches the griddle when you flip the pancake it will start to burn so make sure to cover it up.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Blueberry & Lemon Pancakes with Honey Pine Nut Butter:
Chef Beau MacMillan
• 8oz butter, softened • 1 Tbsp Honey • 1 Tbsp Pine nuts • Pinch Sea Salt • 6oz Maple Syrup, Vermont • 1 bunch Fresh mint • TT Powder Sugar
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl. Allow to sour 4-6minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk butter into sour milk. Pour the flower mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with unsalted butter.
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, pour batter onto skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- With a spatula, flip over and repeat procedure on the opposite side.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.