Cristina Ferrare's Nutella Stuffed Brioche
- 3 slices brioche bread, at least 2-inches thick (or cinnamon, cinnamon raisin, egg bread)
- 3/8 of a cup of Nutella® hazelnut spread
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of fresh berries
- Make a slit in the sides of each slice of bread to make a pocket that can be filled.
- Pipe or spoon 2 Tbsp. Nutella into center of each slice of bread through the slit.
- Place on a sheet pan, cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until smooth, then whisk in milk and vanilla; cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Each Serving: Pour egg batter into a flat dish, lay a filled slice of bread in the egg batter and let soak.
- Turn and soak the other side of the sliced bread. Soaked bread should be slightly wet but not soggy or falling apart.
- Meanwhile, heat 2–3 Tbsp. oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat; place batter-soaked slice of bread onto hot skillet and cook 1 ½ minutes on each side, turning once, until each side is golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on a sheet pan and bake in 325°F convection or 375°F conventional oven for 5–6 minutes or until heated through completely.
- To serve, top each golden, hot piece of stuffed French toast with ¼ cup fresh berries.
- Serve immediately. Serve fruit preserves on the side, if desired.
Visit us on YouTube for more great recipes, crafts, and more!!!