Cristina Cooks: Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Spread
Ingredients for Tzatziki Spread:
• 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced small
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil • 1 tablespoon lemon juice • 1 teaspoon lemon zest • 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped • ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped • 2 cups greek yogurt
Tzatziki Spread Recipe:
- Place cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, mint, and dill in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the greek yogurt and mix well.
Ingredients Lamb Burgers:
• 1 cup tzatziki spread
• 2 pounds of ground lamb • ¼ cup minced onion • 2 scallions chopped • ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped • ½ cup loosely packed whole fresh mint leaves plus tablespoons minced mint leaves • 1 small garlic clove, minced very fine or crushed through a garlic press • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice • ¾ kosher salt • Cracked pepper • 2 tablespoons of low fat mayo • 1 egg yolk • 8 slices of olive bread • 7 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil • 4 cups of mesclun salad • 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice • Pinch of salt
Lamb Burger Recipe:
- In a bowl, combine the lamb, onion, scallion, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and egg.
- using your hands, mix all the ingredients together well. Do not over work or it will get tough.
- Form into 8 (4 ½-inch) patties, each 1 inch thick.
- Heat a pan heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with 4 tablespoons of oil add to pan for 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside.
- Cook lamb for about 4 ½ minutes, the patties should be slightly pink in the middle.
- Remove from the skillet and let rest for a few minutes before you toss the salad.
- In a salad bowl, combine the mesclun and ½ cup of mint and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice, and salt and toss.
Make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.