Cristina Cooks Grilled Stuffed Figs and Pistachios
- 6-8 Figs -halved through stem
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup half n half
- 1-2 thyme stems picked
- 8-10 pieces prosciutto
- 3 cups arugula
- balsamic glaze
- finishing oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pistachios - chopped
- Half a lemon
Make whipped goat cheese mix:
1. Whip goat cheese, mascarpone or cream cheese and thyme with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Gradually add half n half until incorporated and light and fluffy.
2. Season to taste.
3. Place in a Pastry bag or ziplock bag and place in the fridge while you prep and grill the figs.
4. Slice figs in half and place on a baking sheet.
5. Spray with oil spray and lightly season.
6. Get grill pan hot and grill figs for approx 3-4 minutes until softened and you have desired grill marks.
7. Remove and let cool until you can handle them.
8. Take goat cheese mixture and pipe a small amount in center of the fig.
9. Pull apart one piece of prosciutto in half and wrap it around the fig.
10. Take a large bowl and place arugula in it. Squeeze lemon on arugula and season. Take a large white plate or platter and place arugula on it. Top with figs.
11. Drizzle balsamic glaze and finishing oil. Top with toasted nuts.
- Slice figs and place on baking sheet
- Spray with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Place on hot grill pan (3-4 mins) until softened and have desired grill marks
- Remove and cool
- Goat cheese mixture: snip hole in bag and pipe small amount on flat surface of fig (or roast figs whole for about 10 minutes, cut a hole at the stem and fill fig with cheese mixture)
- Seperate prosciutto into thin strips and wrap around fig
Directions for Arugula and Pistachios:
- Put arugula in a large bowl
- Squeeze lemon and season with kosher salt - toss
- Arrange arugula on a platter
- Toast pistachios on stove top or in oven but watch carefully, they burn
- Arrange stuffed, wrapped figs on the tossed arugula
- Sprinkle toasted pistachios on salad
- Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil Enjoy!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.