- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, sliced ⅛ inch thick
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 med onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 ½ cup monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup RAO's jarred tomato basil or marinara sauce
- Arugula salad (dressed with olive oil and lemon)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and ½ tsp. of the salt. Set aside.
In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, the zucchini, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ tsp. salt. Sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add the oregano and the 2 tsp. parsley. Add the beaten eggs. While the eggs are still raw, add 1 ½ cup RAO's jarred tomato sauce first, then 1 ½ cup monterey jack cheese, ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, and bake in the oven at 350° F for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Using a spatula, loosen the edges of the frittata and gently slide it onto a plate. Garnish the frittata with fresh basil leaves. Serve with arugula salad that has been dressed with olive oil and lemon. Serves 8 to 10. Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.