Cristina Cooks: Cracker Jack Ice Cream
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Hayley ChristopherMagical Chocolate Shell Ingredients:
• 12 ounces Ghiradelli 60% cacao chips
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid Recipe:
- Set a bowl over boiling water to create a bain marie, place chocolate and coconut oil in bowl and melt stirring frequently with a rubber spatula. Allow to cool to room temperature, pour over ice cream and watch it create a hard shell! Chocolate keeps in an airtight container, I recommend a mason jar, in the refrigerator for one month.
- Feel free to play around with this recipe, adding sprinkles, nuts, vanilla, candies, chopped cookies, or even coconut to make it your own!
For Crunchy Cracker Jack Ice Cream Ingredients:
• 1 tub of salted caramel ice cream (we are using private selection Salted Caramel Truffle which has caramel cups in it)
• 1 7 ounce bag of Cracker Jacks • ½ cup cornflakes • Extra peanuts toasted (optional)
- Using a large round ice cream scoop, scoop out ice cream onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Pop back into the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make crunchy topping by combining Cracker Jacks, Cornflakes, and peanuts (if using) in a food processor and blend until chopped fine. Remove ice cream from freezer and roll into cracker jack topping, packing coating to reform a ball as you go. Return ice cream to freezer and allow to firm for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately with chocolate shell and extra cracker jacks for garnish! Play ball!