Cristina Cooks: Couscous Salad With Walnuts & Dates
- 1 box Mediterranean-style couscous
- ½ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- ⅔ cup pitted dates, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced chives
- 1 fresh mint sprig, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Recipe Provide by: Joseph Ciminera
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and lime zest until mixed.
- Add the chickpeas, dates, feta cheese, chives and mint.
- Whisk vigorously to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add the tomato and walnuts at the very end. Set aside.
- With a fork, fluff the couscous until the grains are separated.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the couscous, mixing it well.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.