Cristina Cooks Citrus Avocado Salad
Citrus Avocado Salad
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Orange
- 1 Bunch (4 Cups) Organice Watercress
- 2 Cups Organic Arugula
- 1 Bunch Organic Mint
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado (Pitted, Peeled & Sliced Into Eighths)
- 1 Purple Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- ¼ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Seeds
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mix and add raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
How to Segment a Grapefruit
- Take a serrated knife and cut the tops of the grapefruit off.
- With the serrated knife, cut around the grapefruit in a circular motion without breaking the rind.
- Cut off the piths.
- Cut grapefruit in half.
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, take paring knife and cut between grapefruit section and the membrane.
- Cut under the skin, pull it back, releasing the grapefruit section.
- Repeat with remaining sections.
- Squeeze remaining juice from skin into bowl.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Whisk together well.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.