Cristina Cooks: Chicken Paillards With Cherry Sauce & Parsley Rice
Taste of Home" recipe submitted by Lisa Speer – Palm Beach, FL
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
• 3-¼ cups chicken stock, divided • 1-½ cups uncooked basmati rice • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) • ½ teaspoon sea salt • ¼ teaspoon pepper • 1-½ teaspoons olive oil • ½ cup finely chopped sweet onion (about 1 small) • 3 tablespoons butter, divided • 1 garlic clove, minced • ¾ cup dried tart cherries • ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar • 3 tablespoons tawny port wine • ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard • ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring 2-¼ cups stock and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken with a meat mallet to ¼-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cherries, vinegar, wine and remaining stock, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half and cherries are plump, about 6 minutes. Stir in mustard.
- Fluff rice; stir in parsley and remaining butter; serve with chicken and sauce.
Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milk Shakes
"Taste of Home" recipe submitted by Lisa Speer – Palm Beach, FL
Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed • ¼ cup confectioners' sugar • 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional • ½ cup 2% milk • 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened • 1 cup lemon sorbet, softened • ¾ cup crushed ice • Optional garnishes: whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs
- Place the raspberries, confectioners' sugar and liqueur if desired in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds.
- In a clean blender, combine the milk, ice cream, sorbet and ice; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Layer raspberry puree and ice cream mixture into four serving glasses. Garnish as desired.
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.