Cristina Cooks an American Flag Cake!
- 6 to 8 packages ladyfingers
- 2 boxes lemon or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart fresh whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, rinsed, stems removed and cut up
- 2 packages fresh blueberries
- 4 packages fresh raspberries
- Rum, optional
- Make the pudding according to package directions, cover with plastic wrap, and bring to room temperature.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the whipping cream and beat until stiff. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Split open the ladyfingers and line the bottom of a 9-inch-by-14-inch glass baking dish with the rounded side down. (If you want to add a "sprinkle" of rum or fresh orange over the tops of the ladyfingers, do so before adding the layers of pudding.) Add a layer of the pudding mix and spread over the top of the ladyfingers. Add a layer of cut-up strawberries over pudding. Add another layer of ladyfingers rounded side down and repeat the same process with the pudding until you have reached the top of the baking dish.
- Spread a generous portion of the whipped cream over the top of the cake evenly. Make 5 rows of 10 blueberries to represent the 50 states in the flag.
- Fill a pastry bag with the remaining whipped cream with a tip to make ridges for the white stripes, leaving about 1 inch in between stripes.
- Take the raspberries and add them in between the ridges in a neat row close together to form the red stripes. Keep going until you have completed the flag!
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.