Crispy-Skin Salmon With Cauliflower, White Beans And Arugula
- 1/2 head small cauliflower, approximately 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) can white beans (cannellini), well drained
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, bones removed and skin on
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets, peel the stalk, and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the extra-virgin olive oil along with the chopped garlic for a few moments without letting it brown. Add the cauliflower and water, cover the pan with the lid, and allow the cauliflower to steam for 5 minutes; drain it and return it to the heat to brown a little. Add the white beans and continue cooking until all the ingredients are warmed through, then add the arugula leaves along with a pinch of salt and a good grinding of fresh pepper. Keep the veggies warm until you’re ready to serve them.
- Heat the olive or canola oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and place the fillets, skin side down, in the pan. Cook them for 3–4 minutes before turning them over and cooking for an additional 3–4 minutes on the other side; cooking time will vary depending on how thick the pieces of fish are.
- To serve, place the salmon fillets alongside the cauliflower and white beans. Serve with a wedge of lemon.
If eating the skin doesn’t appeal to you, simply remove and discard it.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.