1. Add the milk and water to a pot put it on medium high. Right as you begin to see steam rise from the pot, begin to whisk continuously while adding grits to the pot. (Because of the milk, if you bring it to a complete boil, it will rise and overflow.)
2. Whisk the grits while you pour it into the milk and water mixture. (Whisking while pouring is a fool proof way to keep your grits from clumping when it hits the liquid.)
3. Stir until the grits begins to thicken slightly, then add salt. Then turn down the heat to medium low and cover.
4. In a separate pan, melt butter. Begin to sauté veggies and garlic until softened. Add in the shrimp, and as soon as they start to turn pink, add in tomatoes.
5. Add seasonings. (Remember the grits will be on the bland side so this has to have enough punch to it for the flavors to not disappear into the fullness of the grits.)
6. Set shrimp sauce aside.
7. Once the grits seem soft, add cream cheese to the pot, to make it easier to melt chop it into thin slices before adding to grits.
8. Spoon grits in to a bowl and top with shrimp sauce, garnish with green onions
For More Information On Toya, Go To: cheftoyaboudy.com
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page