Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Pine Nuts
- 10 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 13 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 24 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Optional Condiments: bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped parsley
1) Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
2) Rub skins with 3 tablespoons of butter; prick each potato with a fork. Bake in a 400 oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are soft when squeezed.
3) Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Leaving a 1/4 inch shell, scoop out pulp. Put shells on a baking sheet.
4) Melt 6 Tablespoons butter and brush insides of potato shells with the butter.
5) Sprinkle each with salt and pepper. At this point you can refrigerate shells until the next day.
6) Return shells to oven and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes until shells are crisp and golden. Makes 20 potato boats.
7) In small pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour and cook until bubbly and smooth. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
8) Return to heat and cook until bubbly and smooth; set aside.
9) Toast the pine nuts; set aside. Beat together eggs, salt, and pepper.
10) In a wide frying pan over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter; pour in eggs and cook until eggs are softly set.
11) Remove from heat and gently stir in sour cream mixture and pine nuts.
12) Spoon egg mixture into baked potato boats. Garnish with optional condiments.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page