Directions for Salad
1. Chop all veggies then combine in a metal mixing bowl
2. Season veggies with salt and pepper and drizzle vinaigrette around the perimeter
3. Toss gently until thoroughly combined
4. Plate arugula in a salad bowl and top with dressed veggies on top as a garnish
5. Garnish with an additional pinch of salt and pepper
Directions for Vinaigrette
1. Gather all needed tools and portion ingredients
2. In a blender, combine all ingredients, except the oil, and blend till smooth
3. Slowly drizzle in oil to emulsify
4. Cover, label, and store properly
Vinaigrette: Make your Own.
1) Most store bought vinaigrette are high in fat content because of all the oil, overpowering flavors, and lots of preservatives and artificial ingredients. Consider making your own vinaigrette at home. To me, the point of a dressing is to tie all the flavors together; not to overwhelm a meal or be the only flavor you taste. I always keep champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and a high-end olive oil at home to be able to whip up a vinaigrette last minute.
When making vinaigrette at home, I generally look for a flavor that will help tie everything together; in this case bright citrus like lemon, kumquat, or tangerine. I use a 2 parts acid (combination of vinegar and juice) to 1 part oil depending on how much I need, balance out with Dijon and honey and season as needed.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page