Sugar Free Coconut Ice Cream with Sophie Uliano
- 1 11-ounce So Delicious Culinary Lite Coconut Milk
- 6 tsp Xylitol powder
- 2 vanilla pods, scraped out
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Cacao nibs and/or toasted walnut pieces for topping
How do we make it?
- Line a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper (bottom and sides).
- Pour ingredients (minus toppings) in a large bowl and whisk well to disperse the vanilla throughout.
- Pour into baking tray and freeze overnight.
- Remove block of coconut milk from baking tray and peel off parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to break block into pieces.
- Place pieces in a high speed food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Serve immediately with topping of your choice.
You can re-freeze what you don't use, but keep in mind that if you want it to be creamy when you serve it again, you might need to give it a whizz in the processor before serving.
How many calories does this have?
200 calories for the whole recipe. It probably serves about 4, so we are looking at around 50 calories per serving.
Where can you buy Xylitol powder?
At any health food store.
How is the fat in this coconut ice cream different from regular ice cream?
There is a big difference between healthy fat and bad fats and your body needs the healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and coconuts in this sweet treat.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.