Classic Quiche Lorraine
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs – I’m using Eggland’s Best eggs with the cute little “EB” stamp because I know I’m getting fresher eggs.
- 1 9-inch pie crust (frozen or refrigerated dough)
- 1 cup low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup of 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Pomegranate Seeds
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2) Prepare pie crust. If choosing to use a frozen crust, be sure it is completely thawed per package instructions. If you are using a refrigerated pie crust/dough prepare in a 9-inch glass or metal pie pan and set aside. Follow any package instructions for pre-cooking or pre-baking.
3) Cook bacon slices in a medium pan on medium-high heat until crisp. Pat bacon dry with a paper towel and crumble. Set aside.
4) In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and milk and mix well until thoroughly blended.
5) Combine shredded cheese, chopped onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
6) Pour egg mixture into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page