Cinnamon Streusel Cake
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Throrougly grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light.
Add the eggs 1 at a time, incorporating fully before adding the next
Add the vanilla and sour cream.
Gently add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined
Make the streusel - place the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a bowl and form a crumble.
Pour half the cake batter into the bundt pan
Sprinkle half the streusel on top
Add the rest of the batter on top
Finish with the remaining streusel by putting on top of the second layer of batter
Bake for 50 then test with a skewer or tooth pick. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, put back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Cool the cake in the pan for at least 10 minutes then remove from the tin, being careful not to disturb the streusel. Allow it to fully cool on a wire rack
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page