- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes and green onions
Shared by Edith Joyce -- Parkman, Ohio
Makes 8 servings
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, vinegar, cocoa and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until heated through.
- Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti. Garnish with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and onions.
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.