DIrections for Mushrooms
1. In a large skillet or frying pan melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, then add the shallots. Saute together for about 3 minutes, then add in the mushrooms, moving them around the pan. Let them saute for about 5-7 minutes until the mushrooms become softer and brown. Then season with salt and pepper giving the mushrooms another stir, remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and reserve.
Directions for Chicken
1. In a large skillet on medium high heat add the diced pancetta and cook until lightly browned and crisp. Remove the pancetta from the pan, leaving any rendered fat in the pan.
2. Add the shallots and cook until lightly browned and translucent (about 4 minutes). Make sure to adjust the heat as you go, you may need to lower it when working with the shallots. If you find they are burning or sticking to the pan add a touch of olive oil to the pan to help. Remove from the pan and reserve shallots along with the pancetta.
3. Pat the pieces of chicken dry with a paper towel and discard the paper towel. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Put the flour in a shallow bowl for dredging.
5. Then dredge each piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off the excess.
6. With the pan or skillet on medium/high heat fry the chicken on each side until browned. Add more olive oil to the pan if necessary. As the chicken browns on each side set aside. Fry the chicken in batches to not crowd the pan.
7. Pour off any excess fat. Then add the Marsala to the hot pan to deglaze it. Make sure to scrape up any browned bits on the pan. Let Marsala boil down until it reduces by about a quarter of a cup. Then add in your reserved mushroom mixture.
8. Add in the cream and let the sauce boil until it thickens.
9. Return the cutlets, pancetta, and onions to the pan. Coat each piece with the Marsala sauce. Let the cutlets reheat in the sauce for about a minute or so.
10. Serve the cutlets with fresh chopped parsley.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page