1. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a large wok or sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Swirl the pan until the oil slides easily and just starts to smoke.
3. Add in the chicken pieces and sauté until just cooked, remove the chicken to a plate.
4. Add the remaining oil, then the broccoli and carrot.
5. Cook the vegetables quickly until almost tender (3-5 minutes). Stir in the snap peas, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the ginger, cook until you can smell the garlic (30 seconds).
6. Add in cooked chicken. Add the chilled rice and mix everything together.
7. Once the rice has warmed push everything to the sides of the pan and add the egg, using a spatula quickly scramble (be careful not to scorch the egg!).
8. Pour in the sauce and stir to combine, taste for seasoning. Garnish with scallions and black sesame seeds and the remaining ginger.