- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch® Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- 1 jar (16 ounces) giardiniera, drained
This recipe from "Taste of Home" magazine was submitted by Lois Szydlowski of Chicago, IL Yield: 12 servings.
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. Slow cooker.
- In a food processor, combine the mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic and oregano. Cover and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine beef broth and base; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Remove meat and shred with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices.
- Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, serve beef on buns; top with giardiniera
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love."