Cherry Clafoutis With Almonds
Get this light dessert recipe adapted from Julia Childs
- 1 Tablespoon (softened) Butter plus 1 tablespoon reserved (for topping)
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 3 (large) Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup & 1 tablespoon (for topping) Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups pitted Dark cherries
- 1/3 cup Sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon (powdered) Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Take a nine inch deep dish, or a nine inch by nine inch square baking dish, and butter it with some softened butter.
- Take a large bowl, and put cream, milk, eggs, flour, vanilla, sugar, almond extract, and lemon zest into it. Add some salt and whisk everything together until a thin, smooth batter is formed.
- Spread about ¾ cup of the prepared batter on the bottom of baking dish. Put it in the preheated oven, and let it bake for about two to four minutes. Monitor the batter while it cooks and remove it before it is thoroughly cooked. The batter should be a little thickened and set when you remove it from oven.
- Arrange the cherries all over the hot, half-cooked batter. Put the remaining batter all over the cherries. Sprinkle the sliced almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar on top and dot the surface with pieces of the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Put this dish in the oven and let it bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Take a knife and insert it into the Cherry Clafouti. If it comes out clean, the dish is ready to be taken out of oven.
- Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar all over the finished dessert, and serve warm.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.