Foragers Soup Serves 4 - 6
Ingredients: • 3 oz butter
• 1 onion, diced • 6oz potatoes, diced • 1 pint chicken stock • ¾ pint whole milk • ¼ pint heavy cream • 4 cups mixed greens such as sorrel, dandelions, arugula and watercress! • olive oil • 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled • Flowers for garnish
Melt butter in saucepan, when it begins to foam, add the onions and potatoes. Stir and season. Reduce heat to low, place lid on and let sweat for about 8 minutes.
Add stock, cream and milk together and bring back to the boil until potatoes are fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
Add the greens and boil for 2 minutes longer.
Place soup in food processor and pulse.
Sprinkle with chopped bacon and drizzle with olive oil.
Corned Beef and Brussel Sprout Hash with Parsley Sauce (Modernized) Serves 6
Ingredients: • 4 lb corned brisket
• 3 large carrots, cut into chunks • 6 small onions, halved • 1 tablespoon dry English mustard • 2 sprigs thyme and some parsley stalks, tied together • 1 head of cabbage • 2 tablespoons salt • 1 tablespoon peppercorns
Put the brisket into a saucepan with the carrots, onions, mustard and the herbs. Cover with cold water, and bring gently to a boil.
Simmer, covered, for 2 hours. Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage, cut in quarters and add to the pot.
Cook for a further 1 hours or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender.
Serve the corned beef in a large rectangular piece 1 inch by 3 inches.
Place hash (recipe below) in the center of a plate, place piece of corned beef on top, spoon 1 tablespoon of parsley sauce on top.
Brussels Sprouts Hash Serves 4-6
Ingredients: • 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter • 2 onions, diced! • 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice • 1 cup chicken stock • 6 tbsp (⅓ cup) roughly chopped fresh parsley • 10 brussels sprouts, shredded • Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 2 tablespoon of the oil and the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
Add the onion and potato and gently sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown.
Next, stir in the chicken stock and brussels sprouts, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon.
Season to taste and leave to cook gently for 7 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
Carefully stir all but 1 tablespoon of the parsley through the now cooked hash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Parsley Sauce Serves 4-6
Ingredients: • 7oz unsalted butter
• 7oz plain flour • 5cups whole milk • Large bunch fresh curly parsley, finely chopped • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
The make the parsley sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the flour, cook for 2-3 minutes then slowly add the milk to the pan, whisking continually, until you have a thick white sauce!
Add the parsley and cook for a further five minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
White Chocolate Pot de Creme Makes 12 ramekins
Ingredients: • 13 ounces good quality white chocolate
• 3 cups heavy cream • 1 ½ cups whole milk • 2 teaspoons mint extract • 12 egg yolks • 5 tablespoons sugar • Creme fraiche, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Put the chocolate in large bowl and set aside. Bring the cream and milk, just to a boil, in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Pour the mixture over the chocolate and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the extract, the egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until well combined. Remove the plastic wrap, and stir the chocolate and milk mixture with a spatula until well combined. The mixture should not be grainy.
Whisk the egg mixture slowly into the chocolate until incorporated. Arrange 12 ramekins in a large, deep baking dish filled halfway with water. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly into the ramekins. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes until they are set and there is only a small wiggle when moved. Remove from the oven, carefully take the ramekins from the water bath and let cool.
Pour Baileys Chocolate ganache onto each ramekin to create a layer, about 1-2 tablespoons per ramekin. Let set in the fridge for about 1 hour.
Baileys Chocolate Ganache
Ingredients: • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
• ½ cup heavy cream • 1 tablespoon baileys chocolate cream
Bring cream to the boil, pour over chocolate, let sit for 5 mins, stir in the baileys.