Chef Sang Yoon's Beef and Broccoli
- 5 fl oz. Melted Clarified Butter
- 1 oz Garlic, minced
- 1 oz Ginger, minced
- 4 oz Brown Onion, minced
- 4 oz Fermented Black Beans
- .5 oz Dried Red Chilies (crushed)
- 3 oz Red Chili Oil
- 1 oz Black Sesame Oil
- 4 tsp Broad Bean Paste (Dou Ban Jiang)
- 4 tbsp Chinese Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese Black Vinegar
- 1 Head American Broccoli or 4 Bunches Chinese Broccoli
- 16 oz. Skirt Steak or Flank Steak
How do we make it?
Start with the black bean sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Incorporate all ingredients while periodically scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Place mixture in a saucepot.
- Cook for 15 mins.
Cool and reserve until ready to use. Sauce can be made two days in advance.
Then, the broccoli:
- Cut florets in half lengthwise, keeping stems as long as possible.
- Steam broccoli until tender, 5 mins.
- Immediately shock in ice water.
- Once cool, drain water and place broccoli on a dish covered with paper towels.
- Place in fridge for 30 mins (to dry broccoli).
- Once dry, brush broccoli with chili oil, season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill over high heat until edges are charred.
Now for the most important part, the beef!
- Season with black pepper and kosher salt.
- Grill over high heat to desired doneness.
Slice across grain.
- Place sliced steak on plate and charred broccoli around steak.
- Spoon sauce over steak and charred broccoli. Serve.
Head on over to chefsangyoon.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.