- 12 (3½-inch) square wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1½ cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8 ounces fresh or good-quality mozzarella, cut into 12 equal pieces
- ¾ cup diced oil-packed sundried tomatoes (drained before dicing)
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Press the wonton wrappers into the bottom and up the sides of a 12-cup mini muffin pan.
- Spray the wrappers with cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the balsamic reduction, whisk together the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and set the pan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture reduces to ½ cup, stirring occasionally.
- Place one piece of cheese in each wonton cup. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle balsamic reduction over the cheese and top with fresh basil.
For more with chef Robin Miller, please visit www.robintakes5.com and pick up a copy of her cookbook, "Robin Takes 5."
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.