Chef Rich Rosendale’s “Mock’n Cheese” With Cheesy Truffle Crumble
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower, (chopped)
- 4 each garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 each small onion, (chopped)
- 2 each medium carrot, (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin truffle olive oil
- 2 Dash of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound elbow Macaroni
- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 cup fresh whole-wheat Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup milled flax seeds
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese (good quality)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- ½ tablespoons extra-virgin truffled olive oil
Directions for the Sauce:
- In large pot with a steamer and pasta insert bring the 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add the pasta to the pasta insert. Then in the steamer insert, add the cauliflower, garlic, onion, and carrot. Cook both in the pot until vegetables are tender. Remove the pasta if it cooks first. Do not over cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is done, drain it, and add it to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- When the vegetables are done, place into a blender with the milk, yeast, cashew butter, Tabasco, and salt. Puree until silky smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and mix until well incorporated.
Directions for the Breadcrumb Topping:
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the macaroni mixture
- Bake at 350F degrees until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.