Chef Chris Brugler's Western Burger with Charred Chili Chipotle Aioli & Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 # ground sirloin
- 2 Pasilla chili's - cored, seeded, small dice
- 4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons sauteed onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 5 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese cut into 4's
- 4 small vine ripened tomato, sliced thin
- 2 avocado, sliced thin
- 16 brioche slider buns
- 1/3-cup mayonnaise
- 1/3-cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipoltle peppers
- Salt to taste
Makes: 16 Sliders
1. In a mixing bowl add sirloin, Pasilla chili, green onion, cilantro, sauteed onion, chili flakes, barbeque sauce, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Gently mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
2. Heat a grill pan or saute pan. (At this point you can cook off a small piece of burger to taste before and adjust seasoning to your liking before forming all the burgers)
3. Form 1.5 oz - 2 oz burgers and place in hot grill pan and sear on medium heat for 3 minutes and turn, cook for another 2 minutes and place the pepper jack cheese on each burger they are ready once the cheese is melted.
4. Toast the buns, place the cheeseburgers on each bun and top with chipotle aioli, tomato and avocado.
Place a toothpick in each burger and enjoy!!!
Get more of Chef Chris Brugler's recipes here : chrisbruglercatering.com.