Chef Brandon Boudet's Meatballs & Tomato Sauce
Dominick's Meatballs Ingredients:
1.25 ground pork
1.25 ground beef 3/4 cup soffritto 1.5 t fennel seeds, ground 1/2 t red pepper flakes 1.5 t porcini mushroom powder 1/2 c mushrooms, sauteed for 5 mins 2 c bread crumbs 1 egg 1.5 t salt
1. Mix all ingredients in a kitchen mixer or by hand.
2. Using a 2 1/2 oz ice cream scoop, scoop meat mixture into balls to form meatballs.
3. Bake on sheet pan lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes at 375°F.
Dominick's Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
3x28 oz can of tomatoes
2 cups soffritto 1/2 t sugar 1.5 t tomato paste 1.5 t salt 1/2 t red pepper flakes 2 T olive oil
1. Add olive oil to pot.
2. Add soffritto and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add salt, sugar, pepper flakes and tomato paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for 3 hours. Add basil and oregano and leave in sauce until completely cooled to infuse flavor.
Serve tomato sauce and meatballs over cooked spaghetti. Enjoy.
Visit Chef Brandon Boudet's Dominick's restaurant here: www.dominicksrestaurant.com.