Chef Antonia Lofaso's Rice Balls
- 1 egg whisked
- 1.5 cup Microplaned locatelli cheese
- 2 cups cooked Risotto rice
- 1 cup bolognese with peas
- 4T ricotta
- 4 1-inch cubes fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- 2T chopped Italian parsley
- Favorite tomato sauce to accompany
- Cool rice on a sheet tray by using a spatula to turn it over and over to release the hot air.
- Once it is just above room temperature, add egg, cheese, and salt to taste using the plastic spatula.
- Keep rice at room temperature.
- Cup rice in your hand and press down. Remember the rice is just going to be the outer coating. We don't want too much in the center.
- Spoon the 2 cheeses and bolognese. Cup more rice in the next hand and flatten using the bottom of your other hand. Cover the top and make sure there are no holes. Use additional rice to plug holes if needed.
- The rice ball should be the size of a tennis ball.
- Dredge in breadcrumbs and fry at 325 F for about 8 minutes.
- Accompany with tomato sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and Microplaned parmesan.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.