This delicious sandwich serves two.
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread (cut from a loaf ideally)
- 2 each Regal Springs Tilapia Filet (6 oz. ideally)
- 1 quart water
- 3 lemons - sliced in half
- 1 limes - sliced in half
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomato
- 8 slices bacon - cooked
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon Old-Bay Seasoning
For the Tilapia:
- Bring 1 quart of water, lemons, limes, thyme, and garlic to a boil.
- Add the tilapia and turn the heat down so it cooks at a lazy bubble until firm, about 4 minutes.
- Strain and cool in the fridge. When cool, gently flake into large pieces and toss in a touch of lemon juice and olive oil.
For the Sandwich:
- Toast/Grill the sourdough bread. Brush base of bread liberally with the dressing.
- Top with lettuce tomato, avocado, bacon and Tilapia.
- Drizzle the second piece of toast liberally with more dressing. Top and slice to serve.
You can find more from Chef Andrew Gruel, Founder Slapfish Restaurant, at SlapfishRestaurant.com
Get More from this Episode>>