Cheesy Bacon Brussels Mash
- 8 cups Cooked Mashed Potatoes – use your go-to recipe
- 5 slices Crispy Bacon – diced ¼ inch strips after cooking
- 2 cups Shredded Brussels Sprouts – blanched
- 1 ½ cups Grated White Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Grated White Cheddar Cheese – to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts Leaves - blanched
1) Clean Brussels Sprouts (saving some outer leaves for garnish) and shred with a box grater, quickly dip them into boiling salted water to bring out the color (about 1 minute), drain and place in refrigerator to cool.
NOTE: You are not cooking the Brussels Sprouts, only bringing out their bright green color. Repeat process with saved outer leaves, which will be used for garnish later.
2) Mix all ingredients together (potatoes, bacon, shredded Brussels sprouts, cheddar) and place in serving dish. Sprinkle with additional ½ cup cheddar cheese and place in 350 degree oven till melted and hot, about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with additional Brussels leaves.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page