1. Cut oranges into quarters and slice very thin using a mandoline. Julienne the end slices by hand.
2. In a medium sized pot, combine orange slices with 2 cups water and sugar. Simmer on very low heat for 1 hour until oranges are translucent and the mixture is sticky. Add 1 cup water and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and pulse in a food processor until orange rind is a chunky marmalade consistency. Stir in mustard and cool to room temperature to serve. Marmalade can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.
Fig & Onion Jam
In a 2-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until soft and glossy, approximately 8-10 minutes. Add the honey, balsamic vinegar, spices and bay leaf; continue to cook until the balsamic vinegar is reduced and the onions are wet, but not soupy. Add the figs and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until figs have cooked down, stirring often. Discard bay leaf, season with salt and let cool. This jam can be refrigerated for over 1 month.
Paprika Orange Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Using a Microplane, grate the zest of half the orange. Place in a medium size bowl. Using a vegetable peeler, zest the remaining half orange in strips. Add to bowl along with 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice.
3. Chop 1 tablespoon of the rosemary and leave the remaining needle-like leaves whole. Add the chopped and whole rosemary leaves, plus the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the orange. Toss well to combine. Place on a half sheet pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow the almonds to cool before serving.
*Almonds can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.