Charm City Chocolate Espresso Cake
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 cups - Sugar - 1 cup - Cocoa powder - 2 tsp. soda - 3/4 tsp. baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp. salt Sift smooth
- 1/2 cups brewed coffee (hot)
- 3oz dark chocolate (melted) - 3 eggs (room temp.) - 3/4 Cup oil - 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
1. Preheat still oven to 350 F
2. Combine all Dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
3. Sift until consistent.
4. As Dry ingredients mix, add Buttermilk, Coffee, Eggs and Melted Chocolate.
5. Mix until texture becomes consistent.
6. Pour batter into greased and floured half-sheet pan or 2, 8" round pans with parchment lining.
7. Place in preheated oven.
8. Bake 35 to 40 Minutes, checking and turning at 20 minutes elapsed.
Allow to cool...and enjoy!
Get started making your own amazing cakes with Chef Duff: