- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 2 cups basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 sirloin steaks – 7 oz each – trimmed
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 baby romaine lettuces, leaves separated
- 2 buffalo mozzarellas – ¼ lb each – torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, for brushing
Recipe From "Donna Hay" Magazine
- Place the capers, basil, olive oil, garlic and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat.
- Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Gently toss the lettuce, mozzarella and oil in a bowl to combine and divide between plates with the steaks.
- Spoon the salsa over the steak to serve.