Cauliflower Rice Lemony Salad
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 1 cup chopped dried cherries or apricots
- 1 cup chopped roasted almonds or pistachio hearts
- 1 cup shelled, steamed Edamame beans
- 3 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes (or if you can find the baby red potatoes…even better)
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp red chili flakes (optional)
Directions for Cauliflower Rice Lemony Salad
1. To make the cauliflower rice, either grate with a box grater, or place florets in a food processor and process until you get a rice like consistenc.
2. In a large slillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil, add the onion, and sauté for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the cauliflower rice, and stir for about 2 minutes until warmed.
3. Transfer the onion and cauliflower mixture to a large salad bowl. Add the parsley, mint, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive or avocado oil, salt, cherries or apricots, and nuts. Toss well to combine and adjust the salt to taste. Serve at room temperature.
Directions for Red Potato Salad
1) Boil the potatoes for about 20-30 minutes until fork tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
2) Cut the potatoes into bite-sized chunks. If you are using the baby potatoes, cut them in half.
3) When they are cool, place them in a large bowl and combine with the onion, celery, and herbs.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, zest, tahini, mustard, garlic and chili flakes.
5) Pour the dressing over the potatoes and dress well.
6) Serve at room temp and sprinkle with the scallions.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page