Cauliflower Alfredo with Butter-Free Garlic Bread
- 5-6 cups cauliflower, 1 large head
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 3Tbs Low-Fat Mayo
- 1 container Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4tsp salt
- 8 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1/8-1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1tsp Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 loaf bread
DIRECTIONS FOR CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO
1. Place a large pot over medium heat; add the cauliflower, chicken stock, and garlic cloves. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 7-10 minutes. Transfer everything to a blender and add all of the remaining ingredients except the linguini and parsley. Puree until smooth and set sauce aside.
2. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat for cooking the linguine. When the water boils, add the linguine and cook according to the package directions. When done, drain, reserving 2 cups of the cooking water.
3. Add the sauce and parsley to the linguini and toss to mix. If your sauce is thicker than you like, stir in some of the cooking water to thin it.
4. To serve, divide the sauced linguine among 4 dinner plates. Garnish with shaved parmesan and extra parsley if desired.
Keep it Simple:
§ For a super healthy meal sub in a vegetable noodle for the pasta.
DIRECTIONS FOR BUTTER-FREE GARLIC BREAD
Combine mayo, Greek yogurt, salt, garlic, cayenne pepper and thyme together. Cut loaf of bread and spread yogurt mixture over the bread. Top with the parmesan cheese and cook under your broiler until top is brown and bread is crisp. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page