Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable or olive oil
- 1 3/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cloves, Kosher Salt, Carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans
2. With a hand or stand mixer, mix the eggs and oil. Add the sugars and mix well.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients except the carrots (and rai-sins, and nuts, if using).
4. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well
5. Add the carrots (and raisins and nuts if desired) and mix until incorporated
6. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, scraping all the batter from the bowl with a rubber spatula. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick in-serted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool in the pans for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page