Candy Cane Yule Log
- One box of chocolate wafers.
- 1 jar of marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups of fresh whipped cream
- 12 candy canes (8 ground to a powder and 4 smashed into bits)
- 3 Tbls of plain gelatin
- Chunk of chocolate for shavings (GARNISH)
- Fresh mint
- Powdered sugar
1. In a medium sized pot on low heat add marshmallow fluff and the powdered candy canes. (To make the powder, place candy canes into a food processor and whizz canes until they turn to powder)
2. Once mixture is well blended and smooth, add gelatin, mix well, and take it off the heat and allow to cool.
3. In large mixing bowl, add whipping cream a whisk until you get nice fluffy peaks.
4. Add whip cream to the Marshmallow fluff and fold in.
5. On a serving platter, spread mixture along the bottom of platter in a strip about 10 X 3.
6. Take a chocolate wafer and butter it with the marshmallow fluff. (an 1/8 of an inch thick.)
7. Take another wafer, and stick it to the buttered side of the first wafer.
8. Repeat about 4 times, then stick the buttered wafers in the fluff strip you put down on the platter standing on there edge.
9. Continue to butter the wafers until your log is about 10 inches long.
10. With the remaining fluff, butter the entire outside of your log.
11. Decorate with your smashed candy cane bits, sprinkle with a bit of shaved chocolate, arrange raspberries and mint leaves to resemble fallen holly, dust with powdered sugar and your done.
12. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, then enjoy.
Get more great tips and recipes from dean McDermott here: www.deanmcdermott.com.