Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes with Benefiber
Cristina prepares some delicious and filling pancakes!
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup bran
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 rounded Tablespoons benefiber healthy shape (1 tablespoon per serving)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ¾ cup buttermilk (add a little more if too thick)
- 2 tablespoons melted non-hydrogenated vegetable oil spread
- Heat heavy bottom skillet over medium heat
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients until a few lumps remain
- Spray hot skillet with vegetable cooking oil spray and drop batter onto hot skillet making 4 large or 8 small pancakes
- When bubbles appear on surface of pancakes, approximately 3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes
- Garnish w/ 2 cups fresh fruit/ 4 teaspoons maple syrup
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.