Directions for Bucatini:
1. Put a big pot of salted water over high heat to bring to a boil.
2. In a large straight sides sauté pan, over medium high heat, add 1 TBSP olive oil (Tbsp. at most because there will be so much fat from Guanciale). When oil is hot, add the Guanciale to render the fat until starting to crisp. Remove half the Guanciale from the pan, and reserve for later.
3. Then add red onion to the pan, cook until just beginning to brown. Next add your wine to get any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Then add tomatoes, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, lower heat to maintain. Let sauce simmer for 10-12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add Bucatini to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes.
5. When pasta is done, drain (do not rinse) and then add back to pot. Add the tomato sauce to the pot as well. Stir to combine, then add reserves Guanciale. Stir lightly again. Serve into bowls and top with Pecorino cheese.
Directions for Broccolini
1. Blanch for 7-10 minutes or until tender but not soft. Once finished, immediately plunge Broccolini into an ice water bath (bowl of ice water) to stop the cooking process while also making the vegetable emerald green! Drain and allow to dry as you make the sauce for pasta.
2. As the pasta cooks, get another straight sided sautéed pan or large pot and add olive oil over medium high heat until it starts to shimmer.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes stirring constantly and cooking until starting to brown. Add Broccolini back in and cook, stirring constantly until warmed through. Remove from heat, sprinkle with salt and lemon zest. Stir again and enjoy!