- 4 baguettes 2 cut on a bias in ½ inch slices
- 2 liters Paesano organic unfiltered olive oil (available at Whole Foods)
- Sea salt in grating mill
- Pepper grinder black pepper
- 10 jumbo cloves of garlic
- Pea tendril sprouts for plating
- Edible flowers for plating
- 20 fresh fava bean pods (remove beans from pod, boil for 2 -3 minutes and shell fava beans)
- ¼ pound of Pecorino Romano shaved with mandolin or microplan
- Zest of one lemon
- Fresh juice of one lemon
- 6 jumbo tomatoes - 2 tomatoes cut into ¼ squares
- 1 bunch of basil 10 leaves julienne very fine (wet paper towel over the top)
- 4 red onions -1 chopped very fine
- 2 large leeks – 1 leek cut off top the very green part approximately 4 inches.
- 8 ounces grated Grana Padano
- 1 wedge of Grana for display
- 1 cup of Italian white wine
Directions for Fava bean Bruschetta:
- Mix shelled fava beans, shaved Pecorino Romano with lemon zest. Add fresh ground salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil and a splash of lemon juice to mixture.
- Grill bread and rub with garlic and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the fava bean mixture onto bread.
Directions for Tomato Bruschetta:
- Mix tomato, onion, and bail. Add olive oil and fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill or toast bread, rub with garlic and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto bread.
Directions for the Leeks Bruschetta:
- Clean leek and cut into one inch pieces. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In 10-inch sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil at medium heat. Add cut and cleaned leeks to sauté pan. Add ground black pepper and sauté until soft approximately 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add 4 ounces grated Grana Padano cheese. Sauté until cheese is melted thru, adding white wine as needed to make leeks and Grana Padano creamy.
- Grill or toast bread rub with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Immediately spoon leeks onto bread and serve.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.