Brooke Williamson's Coconut Tapioca Pudding
- 1 cup Tapioca pearls
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Rum
- 6 cups Coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Passion fruit purée
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter, cubed
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla bean
- ¼ cup Sesame seeds (white and black)
- ⅛ cup Milk powder
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- ½ cup Light Brown sugar
- Kiwi or Mixture of fresh berries
- In a medium pot place tapioca pearls, water, coconut milk, rum and sugar. Cook on low heat until pearls are translucent and soft and the texture is pudding like. Place in fridge until cool.
- In a stainless steel pot place puree, yolks, vanilla bean and sugar and whisk constantly over low heat until thick and creamy. Remove from heat and whisk in cubed butter. Place in fridge until cold.
- In a mixing bowl mix together sesame seeds, milk powder, flour, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Drizzle in melted butter and mix until crumbly. Place mixture on parchment lined cookie sheet and toast at 350 degrees until golden brown and crunchy. Allow to cool.
- To assemble, take a bowl and layer the tapioca pudding, passion fruit curd, fresh fruit and crumble on top of each other.